Medcase Health (“Medcase”) provides the content on this Web site (the “Site”) subject to the following terms and conditions. We may periodically change the terms without notice to you, so please check back from time to time. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the Site shall be subject to these terms. By accessing and using this Site, you agree to these terms.
1. Description of Service
This Site provides a variety of resources and information for users about our services. The Site does not provide medical advice, and no physician-patient relationship is created between users of the Site and Medcase.
2. Intellectual Property Rights
Site Content and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained there in (“Marks”) are owned by or licensed to Medcase, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. Site Content may not be copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, uploaded, or otherwise exploited without the prior written consent of the respective owners.
3. To Report a Concern About Content On The Site
If you believe that any content on the Site is in any way unlawful, defamatory, threatening, deceptive, misleading, subject to a confidentiality obligation, or constitutes material, non-public information, notify Medcase at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Copyright Policy
Medcase prohibits the posting of any information that infringes or violates the copyright rights and/or other intellectual property rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of any person or entity. If you believe that your intellectual property right (or such a right that you are responsible for enforcing) is infringed by any content on the Site, please write to Medcase at the address shown below, giving a written statement that contains: (a) identification of the copyrighted work and/or intellectual property right claimed to have been infringed; (b) identification of the allegedly infringing material on the Site that is requested to be removed; (c) your name, address, and daytime telephone number, and an e-mail address if available; (d) a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work and/or exercise of the intellectual property right is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law; (e) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that the signatory is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed; and (f) the signature of the intellectual property right owner or someone authorized on the owner’s behalf to assert infringement of the right. Medcase will process notices of alleged infringement which it receives and will take appropriate action as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3). U.S. law provides significant penalties for submitting such a statement falsely. Under appropriate circumstances, persons who repeatedly submit infringing or unlawful material will be prohibited from posting further submissions. Medcase’s contact for submission of notices under this Section regarding claimed copyright infringement is: email@example.com.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties
THE CONTENT AND FUNCTIONALITY ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT MEDCASE IS NOT HERE IN ENGAGED IN RENDERING PROFESSIONAL ADVICE AND SERVICES TO YOU. ALL CONTENT AND FUNCTIONALITY ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. MEDCASE MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OWNERSHIP, ACCURACY, OR ADEQUACY OF THE SITE CONTENT OR THAT THE FUNCTIONALITY ON THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MEDCASE OR ANY OF ITS PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, INVESTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, ATTORNEYS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE HEIRS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE OR OBTAINED FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING FOR VIRUSES ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN OBTAINED FROM THE SITE, EVEN IF MEDCASE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY.
As a condition of your use of this Site, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold Medcase, our officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless from and against all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys fees), or other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your violation of the terms here in; (b) your use of the Site; or (c) your violation of the rights of any third party.
8. Third-Party Web Sites
9. General Terms
Governing Law; Jurisdiction: These terms are governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts without reference to the principles of conflicts of laws there of. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the State of Massachusetts with respect to all disputes arising out of or related to these terms. If any part of these terms is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Complete Agreement: These terms set forth the entire understanding between you and Medcase and supersedes all prior version of the terms. In addition, you may also be subject to additional terms and conditions when you use or access other Medcase or Medcase affiliate services or content.
Severability: If any provision of these terms is declared void, or otherwise unenforceable, such provision shall be deemed to have been severed from these terms which shall otherwise remain in full force and effect.
Last updated: February 18, 2022
Definitions and interpretation
Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Medcase Health, or us Medcase Health, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 11164150 whose registered office is at Queens Yard, Unit 6, White Post Lane, London, England, London, E9 5EN;
UK and EU Cookie Law the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either
(i) employed by Medcase Health and acting in the course of their employment or
(ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Medcase Health and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website the website that you are currently using, www.medcase.health, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
“including“ is understood to mean “including without limitation“;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Medcase Health is the “data controller“. This means that Medcase Health determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;IP address (automatically collected);
web browser type and version (automatically collected);
operating system (automatically collected);
a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
data is given to us by you;
data is received from other sources;
and data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Medcase Health will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
when you use our services;
Data that is received from third parties
8. Medcase Health will receive Data about you from the following third parties:
Data that is collected automatically
9. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies“.
Our use of Data
10. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
internal record keeping;
improvement of our products / services;
11. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights“ below).
Who we share Data with
12. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
any of our group companies or affiliates - _______________;
our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - _______________;
Keeping Data secure
13. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
we store your Data on secure servers.
14. We are certified to GDPR. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
15. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
18. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
19. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:Right to access - the right to request
(i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or
(ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.“ Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to “block“ us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner‘s Office (ICO). The ICO‘s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes in business ownership and control
25. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
26. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
28. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
29. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Medcase Health to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
30. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie Purpose
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
31. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
32. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
33. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
34. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
35. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
38. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
39. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Medcase Health by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
Description of Cookie Purpose
We use this cookie to help us analyse how users use the website
Description of Cookie Purpose
We use this cookie to help us analyse how users use the website