What We Do
Medcase works with medical device companies to
- Improve point-of-care diagnostic instruments
- Improve interoperability and computing infrastructures
- Secure AI and cloud storage
- Target specific patient populations
- Develop more comprehensive health data sets
How We Do It
Medcase benefits medical device innovators by supporting efficient product feedback cycles from an extensive network of potential users/experts. Medcase helps you better position your product within the market by utilizing cross-functional departments and global experts to understand country-specific requirements, regulations, customer inputs, and more.
Access domain knowledge in diverse languages & geographies
Curate providers specific to your project
Optimize device quality & effectiveness by collecting advanced patient data
Perform UX/UI usability testing
Embedded quality and compliance frameworks into your product lifecycle
Form an Advisory Board of experts
Annotation and labeling services
Shorten Time2Algo™ (time-to-algorithm deployment)
Align datasets, and remove biases in a compliant & cost-effective way
Compliant data repositories
Access to Principal Investigators (PIs) and clinical research/site coordinators
Automated feasibility questionnaire (FQ)
Defined clinical trial goals
Regulatory approval process guidance
Experts for imaging reviews and Reader Studies
Source potential aggregate cohorts of patients
Dedicated clinical operations lead
Recruitment, contracting, and payment
Ongoing feedback and reports
Support or expand staffing capabilities
Medcase does the heavy lifting, so you don’t have to.
Medical Device Startup
A medical device startup leveraged Medcase for access to four US Board Certified radiologists with 5+ years of experience reviewing MRI Segmentations.
- The medical device startup required Medcase's assistance in reviewing and marking 540 segmented MRI datasets provided by the company for FDA purposes.
- The client provided Medcase with the appropriate datasets, labeling tools, and training materials to onboard the radiologists.
- The radiologists reviewed the segmented MRI datasets for overall accuracy (boundaries of segmented organs) and correctly annotated the segmentation mark-ups.
- The project was split between four radiologists, took on average 45-min per data set review, and the overall project took 405 hours to complete.
Top Five Medical Device Company
An AI-driven product team within a top five medical device company has leveraged Medcase for access to highly specialized clinicians to gain feedback on product design, feature prioritization, and quality of the product development process.
MISSION: "Providing field experts to give their input to solve the greatest challenges of our day.”
- The product team utilized clinicians within their key target markets (Western Europe, USA, Japan) to speak with an advisory panel of ten clinicians monthly.
- The outcome was an iterative process where the product team digests the information given to them by the advisory panel, implements changes to the product as suggested, and continues to make changes and improvements based on the feedback provided by the clinicians.
- The final result was a prioritized feature list and development roadmap based on buy-in from unbiased, in-market end-users of their solutions.
Life Sciences Research Organization
A cancer diagnostics medical equipment manufacturing company leveraged Medcase for access to 6 pathologists within the United States and EU, with the primary objective of developing an AI model that can assist pathologists in identifying clinically significant areas in breast tissue slides.
- The Medcase team trained each pathologist utilizing materials provided by the cancer diagnostics company.
- Each pathologist was required to pass an alignment test (15 cases for each pathologist to be completed in one week), so the company could ensure each pathologist's quality and efficiency before kicking off the project.
- For quality assurance, each case was reviewed by three pathologists. Each case took between 20-40 minutes to complete. The overall project took 325 hours to complete.
Top Four Consulting Firm
A top-four consulting firm searched for 400 clinical specialists in multiple geographies to provide their product and market feedback for a top medical device client.
MISSION: "Providing the firm with high-level access to experts to address changing market environment and attain a constant feedback loop with market trends."
- NOV 2021 - Partnered with our customer, sent requirements. Determined time to delivery of 400 clinicians.
- DEC 2021 - Medcase curates the desired expert specialists and geographies.
- JAN 2022 - We kicked off quickly with over 400 specialists worldwide working on a project valued at over $50,000.
Life Sciences Research Organization
ORGANIZATION: Focused on using technology to better understand health, as well as prevent, detect, and mange disease.
MISSION: Helping to drive better surgical outcomes by building AI and ML systems to provide feedback on surgical videos.
- Partnered to provide 20+ surgeons in Europe, and 4 auditor-ranked surgeons, to drive quality and efficiency.
- Studied and annotated 1,000's of anonymized surgical videos to feed into the AI/ML mechanisms.
Providing Medical Power For
If you are a clinician or provider and would like to join or inquire, please do not use this form, visit "Join Our Network" in the main menu and apply.